We once again would like to thank the over 700 people who participated in our Board District 5 Virtual Back-To-School Night last night!
Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) we received during the event. We hope this information is helpful. For any more specific questions, please reach out to your school principals!
When does the school year begin?
- The school year begins on Tuesday, August 18th. Students are expected to log-in on Schoology Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. and attendance will be taken. Please call your school if you have not received details from your school site.
Will the Student-Family Orientation be available on-demand?
- Student- Family Orientation are lessons that you can work through at your own pace. They will be available when you sign on to Schoology on Tuesday.
Will students be on Zoom all day starting at 9am?
- Your school will inform you of your child’s specific schedule. Class will begin at 9 a.m., but instruction will be a mix of synchronous (all students are online with the teacher) and asynchronous (students working independently) so students will not be on Zoom all day.
Will Special Education students be on-line all day?
- Special Education students will follow the school bell schedule. Your school will inform you of any special schedules.
How do we obtain the student email address?
- You will receive a letter from LAUSD by Monday, August 17th which will contain your child’s email address. If you need additional support with this, please contact your school.
What about if your child was issued a device, but we have experienced trouble connecting to Schoology?
- For the fastest support contact your school. You can also try calling (213) 443-1300.
Will students meet their teacher via zoom on Wednesday?
- Yes, students are expected to work on the Student-Family Orientation lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday morning from 9 a.m. – 12 noon (note: the lessons will not take the full 3 hours). On Tuesday afternoon after 1 pm, your school principal will host a Virtual Welcome; on Wednesday afternoon after 1 pm, your child’s teacher will host a meet and greet session. Logging-in to the Orientation and afternoon activities is how your child’s attendance will be taken.
Are Early Education center students getting devices and hot spots?
- LAUSD is currently working on a plan to provide devices and hot spots to Early Education students.